Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Movie Review | Once

My good friend and former DC journalism colleague Matt Mendelsohn turned me onto this great little movie called "Once" that just blew us away.

It's the combination of a great set of songs, a lovely story that doesn't have a tidy, made-for-the movies ending that was just terrific.

Shot entirely in Dublin with very low budget digital video equipment, the movie has incredible heart with flat-out beautiful music.

Even before seeing the movie, I downloaded the soundtrack from iTunes and the haunting Irish sound just stayed with me.


I've always been a fan of movies from that side of the pond, moreso than Yank movies. I find they're more about character, dialogue and texture than about the number of cars blown up.

Check it out...http://oncethemovie.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home