Thursday, June 07, 2007

Film Images from Violeta & Dan's wedding





The film that I shot at Violeta and Dan's wedding is coming back. To me, the difference is striking between the digital files.

The three images here are all shot with the 85 1.8 and high speed b & w film, so all the grain is inherent in the film itself.

I processed these images through the new Raw Converter with Photoshop CS3 and applied a duotone effect. The recovery part of the new the Raw Converter (which actually works on these jpeg files and not just digital raw files) is flat-out amazing.

There are some functionality differences between CS2 and CS3 but those will come with time and practice...I'm very pleased with upgrade ... and the photos!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert Hammar said...

Paul, I love the grain and the duotone effect that you have teach me. Thanks for sharing.

Best

Robert Hammar

2:02 AM  
Blogger Paul Gero said...

Robert, you're welcome! Have you upgraded to CS3?

Paul

8:32 AM  
Blogger Robert Hammar said...

Paul, it's a great tool CS3, I love it, little unstable yet - hopefully Adobe will fix it. I have also upgraded my lenses too.

I think I will get a film camera in the near future. B/W have so great dynamic range, something you cannot get with digital yet.

Best!

Robert Hammar

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home