Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ben & Noah Portraits | June 2007








I just got a collection of film and scans back today from the lab -- it's like Christmas everytime that happens.

These are some images from a session that I did recently photographing Ben and Noah here in Ladera.

This was an all b & w film shoot and it was a trial run to see if I will add it to my kids portrait collections.

The verdict is in and I will indeed be offering these sessions.

Everytime I get the images back from the lab, I always fall in love with the look of film again, and today was no exception.

I think the images have a texture and a feeling that is unique and different from the look of digital images (not that one is necessarily "better" than the other...they are two different mediums, really).

It is also a different way of working, as well, which I find refreshing.

But no matter what the medium, I'm still trying to find great moments and capture memorable images.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Hey ... that last one has Paul Gero written all over it! Nice ...

... I haven't used film much but I'm seriously considering re-investing in some vinyl ... my iPod's getting old!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

they're perfect! I love these!

Tina

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home