Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Kristi & Grant Engagement Portraits | Newport Beach







Sunday was a day at the beach as I photographed Kristi & Grant. Even though there was a chilly marine layer hovering over the crowded beach, it actually made for some beautiful and flattering light. I really enjoyed the session and it was fun getting to hang out a bit with Kristi & Grant before the big day...this is actually the bonus of doing engagment portraits.

I'm looking forward to their early June wedding down in the San Diego area.

(I love the photo of Grant holding a tiger shark that someone had just caught off the pier -- the fisherman who caught it was loving having the couple hold the shark for the photo). ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

You have such a cool job. Couples like Kristi & Grant are obviously so in love....it was just fun to see the photos.

Now...I have to giggle, but the couple is NOT holding the tiger shark....Grant is...I don't think Kristi wanted to touch it...*grin*

Peggy :-)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Paul Gero said...

Peg...you're right...I think Kristi wanted to be a looonggg way away from it ... but she was a good sport!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

I was wondering how that sea creature [if real] made its way into their story.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Million Dollar Mary said...

absolutely LOVE the black and white with the ocean. Sis did, too. She said, "I'm SO glad Uncle Paul is doing my senior pics." Then she added, "And, I can't WAIT til he does my wedding, too!!"

Prom is this Saturday....will forward some of my amateur photos...

Love you guys,
Mary

4:41 PM  
Blogger Paul Gero said...

Ruth...it's real...

Mary, you know I'm going to be in Wisconsin at the end of the month...

...she better not be getting married for a while ;_) !

9:24 PM  
Blogger Million Dollar Mary said...

Paul....you know a little girl ALWAYS dreams of her wedding day. The pictures are clearly etched in her mind (and yours do a good job of etching even more in her mind) the groom's face isn't clear yet. As time goes I'm sure it will feel like a blink of an eye...even if it is in a while.

Have a great day.

Mar

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home