Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Canon 1d m3 | Christmas in August!!





just added:
I made this photograph this afternoon of Kate. The image was also made with the 85 1.8, 1/80th at f2, 640 ISO...focus on her right eye. Processed in ACR 4.1. The b & w effect was added later in post production in Photoshop.



I just got my newest camera toy -- the Canon 1dm3. Moments after I plucked it out of the Fed Ex deliveryman's hands, I took a few test frames, just to see if there were any issues.

Some folks have reported on focus issues, and while this is by no means a comprehensive test (still need to put it through the paces, but these were shot with the camera battery at 6%, nice to know even with that little juice, the camera still performs quite well), this particular body seems to not have any issues. Whew!

The images were all made by available light using the 85mm 1.8 lens at close to maximum aperture (f2).

3 Comments:

Blogger alim said...

Thanks for sharing the Mark III photos! Looks like the camera is performing well...good to know.

Do let us know if you do see any issues with the focusing. I'll send you a link with detailed info.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

I'm jealous...completely....

Ever since you suggested my Canon G3 in 2003, I'm still drooling to get my hands on a Digital Rebel. I have friends with the EOS....but I'm not sure I need all that power...

AWESOME color....red and purple. And Kate.....what a subject!!

Canon Camera-Envy Sister -

Peggy :)

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Android Indonesia said...

awesome, sharp image!
thank you :)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home