Saturday, March 17, 2007

Hopefully she'll forgive us...







At Christmas time, on a whim, Nicki purchased a pacifier that would give the appearance of two large front teeth.

Back then, Kate wouldn't keep it in her mouth for even a second, it just wasn't as comfortable, it seemed, as her usual dummies, as we call them.

Well, now that it's a few months later and we're trying to wean her a bit from using the dummies, Kate will now keep this "hillybilly" dummy in her mouth (any one will suffice, these days), at least long enough for me to take a few photographs.

Here's hoping she won't hold this against us when she's older ;-)!!

I've been good about leaving the camera out and ready with a fresh battery, card in the slot and a 24-70 on for these photos.

It's important to keep the family documentation consistently strong as she grows older. I notice the changes, even when gone for only a few days. For example, after coming back from Aurora, I noticed that she was yelling louder than she had been before I left. She is one noisy little girl.

I now know why portrait photographers encourage clients to do several photo shoots during a child's first years--the changes are dramatic.

4 Comments:

Blogger AnneGero said...

Paul, I do hope Kate forgives you for that picture with the big teeth dummy!! The other one in the shadows of sunshine is more to my liking. Both are good to keep, however. She will eventually laugh out loud when she is old enough to she how ridiculous she looks with a dummy in her mouth, no matter with teeth or without.
What a sweet little girl.
Mom

8:50 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

This child will be more well documented that the Royals are.

Was that tobaccy juice I saw on that passy?

9:06 PM  
Blogger Paul Gero said...

Mom...I know...she's such a gem...we love her more and more each day...

She had a rough afternoon today, though...just not enough sleep so she was a bit cranky...

When she gets enough sleep, you can tell...

Can't wait til you see her again...

Love,
us

10:01 PM  
Blogger Bethani said...

That is too funny!!!I love the teeth dummy! I'm sure kate will look back at this and laugh her self. It makes for good memories and can you believe what my parents did to me kinda stories!
~Bethnai

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home