Friday, January 05, 2007

Kate goes to Uncle Walt's!











Yesterday Nicki, Moira and I took Kate to Disneyland for her first adventure. I'm sure it will be the first of many. We were trying to figure out when we want to spring for the annual pass because with a little one, you can't be 25 miles from this place and NOT have the pass.

We met up with Nicki's brother Michael and Belinda, and the kids (who all adore Kate) and we spent the day together.

Kate loved the carousel (3 times she rode!) and also loved It's a Small World -- which was still decked out for the special holiday show. Amazing...we were trying to figure out how long it must take to change the show back from the holiday decorations to the regular. I have no idea.

When we took the ride it took us only 20 minutes of waiting -- when we came back after lunch the line was probably three times as long...

The only slight downer for me was that the line for Space Mountain was 65 minutes, so I decided I'll have to catch it at another time. The first time I rode it was in January of 2002 when we were visiting CA while we still lived in Phoenix. Since it was post holiday and post 9-11, the place was absolutely deserted -- especially compared to the crowds there yesterday. I think I got onto Space Mountain back then in about 5 minutes--no kidding...I can't wait to see how it is since it's been renovated -- it's still my favorite roller coaster/amusement park ride of all time.

It was a great day though and Kate came home for dinner, bath and then bed and we didn't hear a peep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Hugh Hewitt [LA based radio talk show guy] made his producer ride "It's a Small World" incessantly for several hours. That's got to be some sort of torture.

What did the South Africans think of the Americana spot?

7:33 PM  
Blogger AnneGero said...

So glad you like Space Mountain, too. When Dad and I went to Orlando that was the ride I wanted to take and got hysterical riding it. Anyway, I did get quite a thrill on the roller coaster.
The pictures are beautiful and all seem to enjoy the outing.
Mom

8:50 PM  
Blogger Paul Gero said...

Ruth...they loved it...had a blast...they got one of the california theme park passes...4 parks--disneyland, universal studios, leggoland, and the san diego zoo (i think)...so they will be theme park zombies when they head back tomorrow...

Mom...yes, next time I'll take in Space Mountain...I'll bet it's even more fun than it used to be...

Happy Birthday, btw!

Love,
us

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home