Friday, September 07, 2007

Melissa & Sean | September 1, 2007





































Whew, what a hectic weekend it was. I had two amazing weddings and was a witness to some beauitful moments.

Here in California, we also went through one of the hottest stretches here that I can remember until just a couple of days ago, when we got our nice cool breeze back. For a few moments I thought fate was playing trick on me and I was being transported back to the desert summers like in Phoenix!! ;-)

On Saturday, I photographed the wedding of Melissa and Sean at the Mission Hills Church in nearby Mission Viejo. The reception was held in Laguna Hills at the Holiday Inn there.

They're a very sweet young couple who have such presence and personality and I think it shows in the images. Both are UCSB grads and seem wise beyond their years. Sean's speech seemed a reflection of him: heartfelt and welcoming.

Plus their sense of playfullness came out during the first dance. What started out as a fairly "normal" slow dance song of "I'll Be" by Edward McCain, all of sudden stopped with a scratch and then they turned in a routine fit for Dancing With The Stars as they danced to Justin Timberlake's "I'm Bringing Sexy Back."

Thanks so much you two. I had a great time and you, your families and your friends are a great bunch!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

I so loved what she did with her hair...WOW. It looked like it felt heavy.....

I so loved the peachy colored roses and the intricate lacing of her gown.

Looks like they were a fun bunch. The top hats were quite the touch.

Amazing colors!!

Peggy :)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sean & Melissa brought celebration to a peak! I enjoyed myself beyond what I had thought possible. These pictures capture the sacred contemplation, the joy of the day. Thanks so much Paul, I look forward to more, Brian Felker (Sean's Dad)

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home