Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Robert B. Gero (May 4, 1929 - July 3, 2006)



We got word tonight from my sister Mary that Dad passed away peacefully at around 9:30 PST.

Tomorrow we get on an early flight to Wisconsin as Nicki, Kate and I help Mom -- along with my sisters and their families -- to prepare for Dad's funeral.

Kate will get a chance to meet her aunts, uncles and cousins much sooner than we had expected. It's kind of ironic really. I wonder if my Dad was leaving us with one last lesson.

Don't let the distance keep you apart.

Thanks Dad for everything you've shared, even going out.

I love you and will miss you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Paul,

May thoughts and prayers are with you and your family always.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Paul and Family,

My prayers and thoughts are also with you, and if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Michelle

8:20 AM  
Blogger W. Keith McManus said...

Paul,

My thoughts are with you, Paul.
My father passed away in 1972. I still think of him often, especially since the last two summers I have spent here in my hometown photographing.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home